NSGW Historical Preservation Foundation
Benicia Historical Museum Grant
Pebble Beach Parlor Restoration
Another of our ongoing projects is the restoration of the building used as a meeting place by Pebble Beach Parlor #230 of the Native Sons of the Golden West. This historic building began life in 1890 as the Methodist-Episcopal Church in Pescadero. After the 1906 Earthquake, the building served as a school house and community center. From 1927-1941, it served as the Japanese Community Center. In 1941, the Native Sons and Native daughters purchased the building and jointly owned it until 1999. The building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1984. In 2000, the Native Sons and the Pescadero History Project began to jointly restore the hall and operate it on behalf of the community as a community center. In 2020, Pebble Beach acquired sole ownership of the building and continue to restore it and use it as a meeting place and community center.
Photo Credit: Frank Vento, Pebble Beach #230