NSGW Historical Preservation Foundation
Spring is here!! (Sort of...)
Pebble Beach Update
Work continues on Pebble Beach Parlor's meeting hall. The photos below are courtesy of Frank Vento.
Congratulations to the 2022-2023 Board of Directors.
Chair: Carl von Bargen
Vice-Chair: Joe Castillo
Secretary: Jedidiah Watson
Treasurer: Doug Love
Director: Alfred Jones III
Director: Dan Ryan
Director: Brice Walker
Director: Lee Adams
Director: Robert Bruno
Ex-Officio: Jeff Schmidt
Liaison: Dennis Valerio
Pebble Beach Parlor continues it's restoration of it's hall which is the historic 1890 Methodist-Episcopalian Church in Pescadero. New windows are being installed and new siding is going on to make sure the building is preserved for future generations. Photo Credit: Frank Vento, Pebble Beach Parlor #230
Benicia Historical Museum Grant
One of the more recent grants made by the HPF was a $2500 matching grant to the Benicia Historical Museum to begin work in a new Gold Rush exhibit.
Pebble Beach Parlor Restoration
Another of our ongoing projects is the restoration of the building used as a meeting place by Pebble Beach Parlor #230 of the Native Sons of the Golden West. This historic building began life in 1890 as the Methodist-Episcopal Church in Pescadero. After the 1906 Earthquake, the building served as a school house and community center. From 1927-1941, it served as the Japanese Community Center. In 1941, the Native Sons and Native daughters purchased the building and jointly owned it until 1999. The building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1984. In 2000, the Native Sons and the Pescadero History Project began to jointly restore the hall and operate it on behalf of the community as a community center. In 2020, Pebble Beach acquired sole ownership of the building and continue to restore it and use it as a meeting place and community center.
Photo Credit: Frank Vento, Pebble Beach #230